Collect incident reports in real time
What’s it handy for?
When incidents occur, it can be a challenge to ensure all the right people are kept in the loop. With Workflow Builder, you can make it simple for people to collect and share time-sensitive information with the right teams, even when the stakes are high.
A few uses for this workflow:
- Security: Data security or privacy incident reporting
- Operations: Front-line worker incident management
- Facilities: Office workspace issue notification
- Product: Incident triaging & post-mortem review
- Customers: Issue reporting in shared channel
With this workflow, people can submit a form to report information about an incident. This information gets automatically shared with the designated team channel to take action quickly.
See it in action:
- Creating and publishing the workflow takes only a few minutes. Import the downloadable template, select a channel for the workflow and customize the form for your incident response needs.
- The form can be launched by anyone in the channel using the actions menu.
- Once the form is submitted, the workflow automatically shares the information with another channel for the appropriate incident team to review. It also shares the submitted details and next steps with the reporter as a direct message, for easy reference.
To get started:
- Download the example
- Navigate to Workflow Builder and select “Import”
- Once imported, edit the workflow to make sense for your team
- Publish and let everyone know about your masterpiece