Let your team know your working hours
What’s it handy for?
Working in a team distributed across the globe can be a challenge, especially when your coworkers span many time zones and locations.
Inform your team to:
- Let everyone know what timezone you’re currently in
- Schedule meetings at times that make sense for all attendees
- Make requests during normal business hours for others
How to let your team know your working hours:
- Have each team member set a descriptive custom status that reflects their workload.
- Encourage team members to use the Do Not Disturb feature during the day to block off distraction-free hours when they’re focused on their work.
- Make sure your timezone is set in your user profile, and encourage others to check user profiles before DMing them or scheduling meetings.
If you’d like a dedicated tool for visually displaying time zones of every member, you can try the app Spacetime to track everyone’s status and locations.