Moderate a live Q&A session
What’s it handy for?
Give your teams a chance to interact with company leadership by hosting a live Q&A session in Slack – easily accomplished with this workflow.
A few uses for this workflow:
- Leaders: Hosting an “Ask Me Anything” (AMA)
- Internal Comms: Fielding questions at the end of an all hands meeting
- Managers: Recurring office hours
Through the shortcuts menu, anyone can submit a question that’s then routed to a private moderation channel. There it can be reviewed and approved to post in the original channel where you’re hosting Q&A.
To get started:
- Download the example
- Navigate to Workflow Builder and select “Import”
- Once imported, edit the workflow to make sense for your team
- Publish and let everyone know about your masterpiece
See it in action:
- Creating and publishing this workflow only takes a few minutes. Import the downloadable template, then assign the channel and shortcut name for your workflow. Hint: Usually this is the channel where people will submit their questions.
- Select the moderator channel where you’ll review and approve incoming questions. Customize the message with any variable information or context.
- Select the channel where approved questions will post. Customize the message with any variable information, emojis, or text.