Giphy for Slack
The Giphy app lets you search a library of animated GIFs and share them in Slack. Once Giphy is installed to your workspace, any member can post GIFs in conversations from the shortcuts menu.
Add the Giphy app to your workspace
- Visit the Giphy app page in the Slack App Directory.
- Click Add to Slack.
- Click Add Giphy Integration.
Post a GIF
Note: Common words and phrases can return unexpected results. Use with care!
- From a conversation, click the lightning bolt icon to open the shortcuts menu.
- Below Giphy, click Find and share a GIF.
- Type a word or phrase in the text field, then click Search. Click Shuffle to view more options.
- Click Share to post your GIF.
Tip: Giphy won't show up in the shortcuts menu from threads. To share GIFs in a thread, type the /giphy slash command followed by your search term and send your message to choose a GIF.
Manage Giphy settings
Workspace Owners and Workspace Admins can set a maximum GIF rating. Setting a GIF rating for your workspace determines the G-R rating of GIFs your members will be able to view and send in Slack.
- From your desktop, click your workspace name in the top left.
- Click Settings & administration, then select Manage apps.
- Select Giphy from the list of apps.
- To set a GIF rating, open the drop-down menu to select an option.
- Click Save Integration.