Add custom emoji
Emoji are fun, but they're functional too! Use them to enhance your messages, react to activity, or with the Reacji channeler app to copy messages. Whatever your needs might be, you can customize your workspace by creating your own custom emoji. ✨
Note: Some workspaces and orgs may choose to restrict custom emoji uploads to Workspace or Org Owners or Admins. If you’re unable to upload custom emoji, contact a Workspace or Org Owner for help.
Create a custom emoji
From your desktop, open the emoji picker by clicking on the smiley face icon in the message field.
- Click Add Emoji, then Upload Image to select a file.
Select Upload Image.
Enter a name for your emoji, then click Save.
See custom emoji on your workspace by clicking the Slack icon at the top of the emoji picker.
Note: Images can be JPG, GIF, or PNG. You’ll get the best results with a small, square picture, as Slack will resize the image.
Tip: You can't create custom emoji in our mobile apps, but you can still use custom emoji by typing the code.
Delete custom emoji
- From your desktop, click your workspace name in the top left.
- Select Customize Slack from the menu.
- Search for the emoji you would like to remove, then click the icon next to the emoji.
- Select Delete Emoji to confirm.
Keep in mind: Workspace Owners and Admins can remove any custom emoji. However, Members can only delete emoji that they've uploaded.
Who can use this feature?
- By default, all members but not guests
Free, Standard, Plus, and Enterprise Grid plans