Find people you work with in Slack
In Slack, you can browse and find people you work with in your workspace or Enterprise Grid organization from the directory.
What to expect
- Search for people to view their profiles, send them messages, or start calls.
- Filter people in your workspace or Enterprise Grid org by role or account type, such as guest or deactivated account.
- If you're using Slack Connect to work with people from other organizations, you can filter results to view members of other workspaces.
Tip: On the Standard, Plus, and Enterprise Grid plans, you can also browse user groups in your workspace.
- Click People & user groups at the top of your left sidebar. If you don't see this option, click More to find it.
- Type someone’s name, display name, job title, or email address in the search field. To narrow your results, click Filter.
- Click a photo to open someone’s profile.
Tip: To see owners and admins, click Filter, then select either role from the Account type menu. On an Enterprise Grid org, you can filter by workspace- and org-level owners and admins.
- Tap Search at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap Browse people.
- Type someone’s name, display name, job title or email address in the search field.
- Tap someone's name to open their profile.
Note: If email addresses have been hidden by an owner or admin, searching by email will not return any results.