- Sarah recently joined A1 Marketing, a company just like yours.
- A1 adopted Slack a while ago and Sarah is learning how it’s impacted the way they work.
- In this lesson, Sarah wants to understand how Slack is used at A1.
Sarah’s experience before Slack
At her previous company, Sarah found that communication happened in many different places. She received a constant stream of emails to her inbox, even if they weren’t very valuable or didn’t apply to her. Files were shared with individuals and decisions were often made without everyone knowing what was going on. These communication silos made it difficult to keep people aligned, track information and stay up to date. Sarah didn’t feel like she had the tools and information to help her achieve her best work.
How A1 use Slack
- A1 used Slack to replace email inside the company.
- Teamwork in Slack happens in channels – a single place for messaging, tools and files – helping everyone save time and collaborate together.
What is Slack?
Slack helps people work together and collaborate as easily online as they do in person. It’s designed to support the way people naturally work together, making collaborating with people online as easy and efficient as it is face-to-face.
Sarah is learning that Slack is the collaboration hub at A1, where the right people are always in the loop and key information is always at their fingertips. Teamwork at A1 happens in channels, where the right people are included, relevant information is in one place and new team members are able to get up to speed easily.
- Organise conversations: Everyone at A1 works in channels, which is where teams share ideas, make decisions and move work forward.
- Share files and documents: Sarah is able to bring files into conversations so that everyone has all the context they need.
- Find everything in the archive: Sarah can search A1’s Slack workspace for messages, files and channels – everything she needs to get the right information.
- Talk things through face-to-face: Whenever a message isn’t quite working, Sarah can start a call with colleagues right from inside Slack.
Join Sarah as she learns how to get in, get comfortable and get to work in Slack.