- Sara recently joined A1 Marketing, a company just like yours.
- A1 adopted Slack a while ago, and Sarah is learning how it’s affected the way that they work.
- In this lesson, Sarah wants to explore how to complete her profile and get the Slack apps so she can sort out everything she needs to get to work.
Sarah’s experience before Slack
In her previous company, there was a lot that Sarah had to do to get set up. She was tasked with setting up her email, calendar and a handful of other tools. However, when she had finished those tasks, she realised that she didn’t really know where or how to get up to speed.
How A1 use Slack
- A1 use channels in Slack to organise conversations around any given topic, making it easy for anyone to get up to speed.
- All A1’s tools integrate seamlessly with Slack, making it the one place where work gets done.
Downloading the Slack apps
Sarah wants to receive notifications and collaborate from any of her devices. She knows that Slack has apps for desktop and mobile that allow her to stay in sync, no matter where she’s working. Downloading the Slack app is exactly what Sarah needs – she just needs to visit slack.com/download to get set up.
What is a workspace?
A workspace is a company’s shared hub, where team members communicate and work together in channels. Sarah knows that if she ever needs to get back to her workspace, she can open up the Slack app, or visit slack.com and click on Get started or Your workspaces at the top of the page.
Setting up your profile
Having an accurate profile will help you to work better with your teammates, whether they know you or not. Sarah sets up her profile by adding her name, title and a clear profile picture of herself.
Your next steps
💡 Download the Slack app on your device, and join your workspace.
💡 Set up your profile in Slack.