Skip to main content
23 May 2019
- Just as day follows night and winter gives way to spring, so have we updated Electron to 4.2.1.
- Things are now cleverer about the way push notifications on mobile get information from the desktop app. Hopefully this is better for everyone (and faster).
- Minor stability improvements in general. As always, the best sort of fix is the one you don’t notice at all because nothing’s going wrong.
18 April 2019
- Launch (and hide) on login now works better than it once did. By “once”, we mean “five minutes ago, before you updated your version of Slack”.
- Our Slack app icon was missing smaller icon sizes, which was both problematic and not great aesthetically. It now renders as it should.
- Slack would occasionally crash while you were restarting your computer. We looked at the bug causing this, turned it off and on again, and now it works. Technology!
- Some people were seeing sidebar icons from other teams they were signed in to instead of the icons they were expecting. These will now show correctly.
- Any keyboard and cursor actions you might’ve experienced behaving badly have been shown the error of their ways.
8 March 2019
- In a slight change to the way you sign in on your desktop, you’ll now sign in via your browser rather than directly in the app.
- The new app icon was looking a little fuzzy on some docks, which simply wouldn’t do. It should be much crisper now.
- Equally, the new loading animation was looking a little stretched, or a little squished, depending on how you looked it. It’s practically perfect in every way now.
- If you have had problems logging in using SSO (single sign-on), you should no longer encounter these problems.
- We fixed a problem where the “Open the Slack app” button in the browser did not, in fact, open the app. Honestly, it had *one* job. It now does that job.