Get notified when someone mentions a topic you care about
What’s it handy for?
Highlight words are a special type of notification in your Slack settings. You’ll get a push notification whenever those words are used in Slack in any public channel. Use it to stay on top of projects, when people mention you by nickname, or even fun stuff like never missing a “free lunch” again.
Use highlight words to:
- Get alerts whenever your project name is mentioned
- Follow mentions of your team, or when you’re referred by nickname
- Be the first to know about cake or cookies or pizza in the break room
How to set up highlight words in Slack:
- Open your Preferences in Slack
- Scroll down your notification options to highlight words, and enter a few words to watch, like names of your projects, or any words you don’t want to miss mentions of
- Get notifications when people use your highlight words
- Read and respond to highlight word mentions