- Sara recently joined Acme Inc., a company just like yours.
- Acme Inc. adopted Slack a while ago, and Sara is learning how it’s impacted the way they work.
- In this lesson, Sara wants to explore how to get set up in Slack so she can get to work.
Sara’s experience before Slack
In her previous company, there was a lot Sara had to do to get set up. She was tasked to set up her email, calendar, and a handful of other tools. However, when she was done with those tasks, she realized that she didn’t really know where or how to get up to speed.
How Acme uses Slack
- Acme uses channels in Slack to organize conversations around any given topic, making it easy for anyone to get up to speed.
- All of Acme’s tools integrate seamlessly with Slack, making it the one place where work gets done.
Downloading the Slack apps
Sara wants to receive notifications and collaborate from any of her devices. She knows that Slack has apps for desktop and mobile that allow you to stay in sync no matter where you’re working. Downloading the Slack app is exactly what Sara needs—she just needs to visit slack.com/download to get set up.
What is a workspace?
A workspace is a company’s shared hub, where team members communicate and work together in channels. Sara knows that if she ever needs to get back to her workspace, she can open up the Slack app, or visit slack.com and click on Your Workspaces on the top of the page.
Setting up your profile
Having an accurate profile will help allow you to work better with your teammates, whether they know you or not. Sara sets up her profile by adding her name, title and a clear profile picture of herself.
Your next steps
💡 Download the Slack app on your device, and join your workspace.
💡 Set up your profile inside Slack.