The transition to a digital-first world has had its fair share of highs and lows and mixed feelings. You likely found yourself working in ways you never imagined, and despite the many challenges, you persevered. Now it’s time to take it a step further, from surviving to thriving.
At our recent Slack Frontiers conference, we announced that our re-engineered platform is under active development. These new platform tools aim to take your digital HQ experience from reactive to proactive and will make building, deploying and hosting customized apps for Slack easier than ever.
To help kick off what’s possible, we’d like to invite you to our Digital HQ Slackathon! Registration is open now through February 1.
This is an opportunity to transform the way your team gets things done. In partnership with Devpost, we are running this hackathon to inspire, encourage and, of course, reward impactful solutions for your digital HQ. While the competition will recognize innovative uses of our current API features, you’ll also get a preview of what’s to come, along with the opportunity to give feedback.
What to expect
Upon registration, you’ll be invited to a private workspace where you’ll be able to connect with other participants and Slack and Devpost staff. “But I’m already part of so many workspaces. What makes this one special?” We’re glad you asked.
In the Digital HQ Slackathon workspace, you will have access to our beta features. Your project doesn’t have to incorporate these features, but you could win rewards for providing feedback about them. You can also use the workspace as a place to brainstorm, test, get inspired and seek help. Aside from office hours with a member of the Slack Developer Relations team, you’ll benefit from async technical support throughout the hackathon (without needing to file any tickets).
Plus, everything is virtual! You won’t have to commit to awkward Zoom sessions or in-person meet-ups. We give you the assignment, the support and the space. The rest is up to you.
Why you should participate
We’ve got four great reasons:
- You’ll bring immediate value to your organization. Our hackathon is a way to create something you can easily integrate into your everyday working life. You can have a direct impact on how things get done. Explore the platform and gain the knowledge and tools to improve your processes drastically, leaving you and your teammates more time to focus on what matters.
- Add to your skill set. What better way to invest in yourself than building and innovating?
- You’ll meet new people and make industry connections. Hackathons are a really good way to expand your network. You can use the private workspace to meet people in similar roles and industries and likely facing the same challenges.
- You could win big! We’re offering up to $47,000 worth of prizes. First-place winners can get up to $15,000 and an average of $1,500 for each win in various categories. And let’s not forget to mention up to $1,000 for testing and providing feedback about our beta features. That’s right—we’re paying you for your feedback.
Build a new Slack app or workflow for your team or organization that boosts productivity, communication and connection. Your project should provide a solution for at least one of the following teams:
- Across your digital HQ
- Service and frontline
- Engineering and product
- IT and operations
- Marketing and design
- HR, finance, legal and corporate functions
Not just for developers
This hackathon is for developers and non-developers alike! That’s the beauty of the Slack platform. Whether you’re a seasoned developer or simply technically inclined, this is an opportunity for you. Visit our Devpost page to sign up today.