Work with external partners
What’s it handy for?
Bringing outsiders into your Slack team in a Shared Channel can make projects move much more quickly than phone calls and emails.
Allowing Slack guest access in shared channels is great for:
- Creating a common area between two unique workspaces, so you can find everything you need in one place.
- Simplifying communication, streamlining conversations, and gaining efficiency.
- Making information and context easier to find across workspaces.
Before you get started
If you’re using Shared Channels, create a channel in your workspace and have Slack administrators from both teams link them together.
How to work with external partners
- Invite external guests to your new shared channel
- Conduct all project discussions in the channel
- Use the channel to share any uploaded files necessary for review
- Approve work in progress, have conversations when necessary, and collaborate together seamlessly
- Invite additional folks to the channel when needed during the life of a project