Create flexible connections with employees, customers and partners
- Empower people to succeed from anywhere by providing them with the flexibility to choose where, how, and when they work best.
- Break down silos by bringing everyone across teams, timezones, physical spaces, and companies together around common goals and projects.
- Grow engagement in a work-from-anywhere world by recreating quick, informal office discussions with lightweight audio and screen-sharing.
- Give teams a digital-first way to brainstorm, solve time-sensitive issues, and chime in on projects using Slack Huddles—all without scheduling meetings, so work keeps on flowing uninterrupted.
Work faster with asynchronous collaboration
- Accelerate work by giving everyone across teams, timezones, physical spaces, and companies accessible tools to collaborate asynchronously with each other.
- Create short audio, video and screen recordings with Slack Clips to provide an update, showcase work, walk through a product demo, or give step-by-step instructions.
- Watch Clips your way—speed them up, slow them down, or read the captions. Transcriptions are archived and searchable, adding to your organization's knowledge history.
Frequently asked questions
A digital HQ is a place where work flows between your people, systems, partners and customers. It removes the limits of physical walls, giving people the flexibility to do their best work where, when and how they prefer. And it empowers everyone to automate common tasks with apps and workflows. In the digital-first era, Slack is the digital HQ that makes work simpler, more pleasant and more productive.
Excellent question. Slack is a new way for your entire company to communicate. It replaces email, meetings and outdated processes with something faster, better organized and more secure. When there’s a channel for everything going on at your company, everyone knows exactly where to go to get work done and has the tools they need to get it done faster.
For more reading on the topic, we recommend checking out our Resources Library.
Yes. You can securely discuss confidential information in Slack. Slack offers multiple ways to ensure that your information, conversations and files stay safe. Slack delivers enterprise-grade security at every layer, adhering to multiple compliance certifications, including SOC 2, SOC 3, ISO/IEC 27001 and more. Slack is GDPR-compliant and can be configured for HIPAA and FINRA compliance. It is FedRAMP Moderate authorized.
In addition, Slack offers security features, like Enterprise Key Management, that allow admins fine-grained control over data encryption. You can also integrate your own security tools with Slack to get instant notification if a threat is detected. Learn more about Slack’s comprehensive security program here.
Huddles aren’t like traditional phone calls. They provide a faster, ad hoc audio experience that re-creates the spontaneous and informal conversations you used to have in the office.
Your organization must be on a paid Slack plan to use huddles or clips.