Effective: July 22, 2014
At the outset, we want to be clear that Slack Technologies is not in the business of selling your information. We consider our custodianship of your information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain ways in which we will use your Personal Data, as set forth in more detail in this policy.
Slack Technologies has received TRUSTe's Privacy Seal signifying that this privacy statement and our practices have been reviewed for compliance with the TRUSTe program viewable on the validation page available by clicking the TRUSTe seal. The TRUSTe certification covers only our collection, use and disclosure of information we collect through our website: https://slack.com and our service, Slack. The TRUSTe program also covers information that may be collected through our mobile application. The use of information collected through our service shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which the Client has engaged Slack Technologies.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact TRUSTe here.
Slack Technologies complies with the U.S. - E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Slack Technologies has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Slack Technologies’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Information We Collect:
When you interact with us through the Services, we may collect Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below:
Personal Data That You Provide:
When you download and use our Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier.
We do not ask you for, access or track any location based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our Mobile Apps or services.
- Aggregated Personal Data: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Services, Slack Technologies often conducts research on its customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the Personal Data and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and Slack Technologies may share this aggregate data with its affiliates, agents and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. Slack Technologies may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, customers and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- Mobile Analytics: We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from.
Use of Personal Data and Other Information:
Disclosure of Personal Data and Other Information:
In certain circumstances we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Your Use: We will display your Personal Data on the Service (e.g., profile page) according to the preferences you set in your account. Please consider carefully what information you disclose in connection with the Services, how you select your preferences, and your desired level of privacy. For example, if you provide your phone number or Skype handle for use in the Service, then users of the Service within your business will be able to contact you in those ways. Through certain features of the Service, you may also have the ability to make some of your files or information available to third parties or the public. Always remember that when you share any type of information with others, such information may be broadly and quickly disseminated.
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal data, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal data.
- Consultants and Similar Third Parties: Slack Technologies, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, hosting servers, providing data center services, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we use another entity to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function. These companies are authorized to use your personal data only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Legal Requirements: Slack Technologies may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Slack Technologies or third parties, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
If you are a user whose company has a business account for the Services, our agreement with your company may contain additional terms and conditions relating to our use and disclosure of data (including Personal Data). In addition, your company’s administrator may have certain rights to access your information and Personal Data in connection with the Services and to set your company’s policies regarding your use of various aspects of the Services. Please refer to your company administrator if you have questions regarding any of the foregoing.
Information Collected for our Clients
Slack Technologies collects information under the direction of its Clients, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. If you are a customer of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our service, please contact the Client that you interact with directly. We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our Clients.
An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to the Slack Technologies’s Client (the data controller). If the Client requests Slack Technologies to remove the data, we will respond to their request within 30 days.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed to provide services to our Client. Slack Technologies will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- You can choose not to provide any Personal Data. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to use the Services.
- To keep your Personal Data accurate and current, please use the account control and preferences page https://my.slack.com/account to update, correct or delete Personal Data in our possession. These changes take effect immediately.
- You may turn off cookies as described above, but if you do so you may not be able to use the Services.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
As a Service directed to adult business users, Slack Technologies does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. Children should not use the Service or submit any Personal Data through the Services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data to Slack Technologies through the Services, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Slack Technologies takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure (for more information on our current practices and policies regarding data privacy, security and confidentiality, please see https://slack.com/security; we keep that document updated as these practices and policies evolve over time). If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you enter sensitive information (such as login credentials) we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no electronic or email transmission or digital storage mechanism is ever fully secure or error free. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you share electronically in connection with the Service.
Other Terms and Conditions:
Your access to and use of the Services is subject to our Terms of Service at https://slack.com/terms-of-service.
Contacting Slack Technologies:
680 Folsom Street, Suite 145
San Francisco, CA
Changes to this document
- On July 22nd, 2014, we updated this document to use our new name: Slack Technologies, Inc.
Este texto traducido se proporciona para propósitos informativos solamente y, en caso de cualquier inconsistencia entre este y la versión en inglés, será la versión en inglés la que prevalezca.